ABOUT THE COLLECTIONS

The museum has 30 buildings and monuments, some furnished with artifacts plus several tractors, farm machinery and engines.

Below are a few images of the Unity Museum Grounds. 

To see more, take a trip to the Unity & District Heritage Museum!

ADANAC HALL

ADANAC HALL

Building to rent

Inside Adanac Hall

The Adanac Hall has two stoves, three sinks, two fridges and two deep freezes.

Inside the Church

Inside the Church

History

History of Buildings
Adanac Hall - built in 1910. Masonic Hall upstairs since 1911. 
Adanac School - SD #2210. This school was built in 1950. Our OFFICE is located within plus our one-room school display.
Adanac Church - St Thomas Anglican Church was built in 1908.
Blacksmith-s Shop- A granary now used to repair machinery/displays. 
Centennial Pole Shed- Built in 2005-06 to display machinery. 
CPR Station- Built in 1909 and located 2 miles north of Unity. 
Eastbank School - SD#3525. Built in 1915 on SW 29-41-23-W3. 
Harness Shop - Built by George German, houses shoe and harness artifacts. 
Horsman House - Farm house built in 1911 by David Horsman, 1906 pioneer. 
Millennium Time Capsule - Built by Masons/ metal fabrication by Hutterites in 2000, to be opened in 2050. 
Pete Craig Stone House - Built between 1906 & 1914, dismantled and rebuilt by Jake and Yvonne Nickel. Clay oven built in 2000.
Robertson House - Originally located at 201-4th Ave W, built in 1912. 
Rosemary School Barn - Built in 1919 on NE-3-40-23, used for storage.
Soddie - Built in 2006 by Zunti family, replica of Zunti soddie.
Swarthmore United Church - Built in 1926 by Society of Friends, Methodists and Presbyterians.

Human History
Agriculture 
Costumes and Accessories 
Furniture or Furnishings 
Household Objects or Domestic Technology 
Maps, Charts, Plans or Blueprints 
Medical History and Technology 
Memorabilia 
Military History and Technology 
Musical Instruments 
Sports Equipment 
Local History

 
 

SERVICES

RESEARCH 

Conservation or Restoration

FOOD

Picnic Area and Reception Facillities

VOLUNTEER

Volunteer Training Offered
Number of volunteers: 26

SPECIAL NEEDS

Parking
Washrooms
Wheelchair access

PARKING

Free

ADANAC HALL RENTALS

Guided Tours: English

VISITOR 

All day Hall & Kitchen- $125
All day Hall only- $100
Part Day Hall- $60
Less than 3 hours Hall- $35
Church- $50

CHURCH RENTALS

Choose from the Adanac Church or the Swarthmore Church to rent for only $50.00!

 

A Brief History of the Town of Unity

Settlement of the area began in 1904 and Unity began to develop with the arrival of the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway in 1908. By the early 1920s, Unity-s population was over 600 and growing. The community experienced somewhat of a decline during the 1930s, but subsequently recovered, particularly after World War II. Much of the community-s return to prosperity and future growth was due to oilfield exploration. After natural gas was discovered near Unity, local furnaces and coal stoves were converted to burn the gas and, in 1944, Unity became one of only three communities in Saskatchewan with their own domestic natural gas system, prior to SaskPower being given the authority in the 1950s to establish the provincial utility. Drilling for oil in the Unity area also revealed a substantial deposit of sodium chloride (common salt) laid down when much of Saskatchewan was covered by inland seas. In the late 1940s, a salt mine was developed and, today, the mine, operated by Sifto Canada, is the community-s largest employer with 60 employees. Further, exploratory drilling also revealed extensive deposits of potash, and the first attempt at potash mining in Saskatchewan, indeed, in Canada, was made near Unity in the early 1950s. The industrial activity in the area, combined with modified and more successful agricultural practices after the dry years of the 1930s, caused the town-s population to skyrocket. The community-s numbers rose from 682 in 1941, to 1,248 in 1951, and, between 1955 to 1965, approximately 100 new homes were built in the town. By 1966, the population was 2,154.

For more information on the Town of Unity, visit: http://www.townofunity.com

 

FIND US

Address 
Unity & District Heritage Museum 
Unity, Saskatchewan 
S0K 4L0 

Box 852

 

Email: unitymuseum@outlook.com
Telephone: 1-306-228-4464 
Fax: 1-306-228-2149

Hours & Admission
Open Mid-May to October 2-5 p.m.

7 days a week

Success! Message received.

Thank you for your interest in the Unity & District Heritage Museum!

There is lots of opportUNITY in Unity, Saskatchewan. Check out our many other parks and attractions during your visit!